Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Find Joy, Peace & Strength


Find Your Joy, Strength & Peace in the Lord!
by Anita Wardlaw © 2012                                                                                                           

King James Version of the Bible used. (If you wish to reprint or use this article, you must use it in full and ask for permission, by sending an email to: afreshnewdaywithanita@gmail.com )

Who are you looking to for strength, joy and peace today?

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.” Psalm 28:7

Temporary calm, fluctuating energy, and fleeting happy feelings come from changing circumstances. However, lasting joy, peace, and strength – through challenges, in spite of circumstantial and emotional roller coaster rides - come from continually turning to God’s promise-filled Word, the Bible and Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Be like the toddler’s tumble toy that always bounces back up. What do you need? Read scriptures such as Psalm 103, verses 1-12, that remind you of God’s wonderful benefits made available to those who believe. Refuse to doubt. Trust that God is good. Stand boldly, believing that God will help you in the face of trouble. When we ask God for help, He helps us. Whether directly or through other people, God always sends help to those who seek Him.

“For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.” Isaiah 50:7

“He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? Let us stand together: who is my adversary? Let him come near to me.” Isaiah 50:8

“Behold, the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? Lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.” Isaiah 50:9

”Who is among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD, and stay upon his God.”        Isaiah 50:10

God Almighty is the author of peace.

“For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”                            1 Corinthians 14:33

We contend for peace. We follow peace. Satan is the author of discord, confusion and torment. We turn to God and resist negative thoughts by saying what God says about the situation. God says He will help you. Say to yourself, God will help me. Then, things will change in your favor.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7

It is up to you, to me, to resist discord, confusion and torment-- and choose God’s peace. We choose God’s peace and joy by saying what God says.  Study God’s Word. Talk to God. Listen to God as He speaks into your heart. Say, “God is taking good care of me. God is giving me peace!”
“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.” Isaiah 26:3

God gives us peace and joy when we obey and focus on God and His promises.

In the Word of God, we see that being in one accord with other believers helps us experience joy. Joy and peace come when we serve others and say no to selfishness. 

In Philippians 2:1-18, we read: “If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

2: “Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

3: “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

4: “Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

5: “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus;

6: “Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7: “But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8: “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9. “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name with is above every name:

10: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11: “And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12: “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13: “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

14: “Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15: “That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16: “Holding forth the Word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

17: “Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

18: “For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.”

Joy and peace come from having faith in God and His Word. Joy and peace come from using our voice to worship God, share the Gospel, and speak in agreement with God’s Word. Torment comes from agreeing with the devil and complaining about our circumstances because that only stirs up fear, which is of the devil. Refuse to focus on negative circumstances and determine in your heart to focus on God’s perspective instead. So, conduct your day without grumbling. That can be hard to do! So ask God to help you to keep your words positive, and to focus on what you have, rather than what you don’t have. Be thankful, prayerful, and Word-filled for victory! When you miss it, ask God to forgive you. He will. Then bounce back up and go forth again!

Joy, strength and peace come from holding tightly to the truths of God’s Word. Give yourself completely to God for His honor and glory. Then God will direct your path to victory!

By following the examples of Jesus and believers like Paul in the midst of adversity, real joy and peace can be secured. Avoid negative advice from teachers contrary to God’s loving Word.

Keep your peace and joy by keeping your confidence in the Lord -- not in yourself or others. We trust God to send us whichever help He has anointed to assist us in any situation. We trust God to equip the right people to help us. The ultimate trust is in God. All people miss it sometime. Talk to God like you would to a person.  Thank Him ahead of time for sending the help you need and equipping the people that he sends to help you. Joyfully and peacefully trust God.

“For the kingdom of God is not a meat and drink: but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” Romans 14:17

Joy comes from thinking as eternal, heaven-bound followers of Christ, citizens of heaven, and ambassadors for Christ on earth. Real joy and peace come from living in a way that points others to the saving grace of Jesus Christ and His ongoing daily comfort.

Have you accepted Jesus my friend? He is the source of true joy, peace, strength, eternal life, a blessed life now, and a deep personal relationship with Father God. Jesus is the only One who ever walked this earth perfectly. He is the true Son of God who came down from heaven to demonstrate God’s love for us. He paid the price for all that we have ever done wrong. When we trust that He paid the price for us, we can connect to God without guilt and shame. It doesn’t matter what church you attend, God wants to have a personal relationship with you. God loves you and wants to be deeply involved in your daily life.
I
gnoring God, or sin, separates us from God. Everyone has missed it, or done wrong, the Bible says. Even though my siblings said I was ‘goody two shoes,’ I can not trust my own ‘righteousness’ as my ticket to heaven or to the blessed life right now. The Bible says ‘our righteousness’ is as filthy rags. God wants us to trust His righteousness. By God’s grace we are saved – we are empowered to live victoriously on earth, and forever in heaven. We all must trust Jesus who paid the price for us on the cross. God wants to help you with every challenge you face. What a joy it is to know that God loves you and wants you to succeed, in peace, joy, strength, and health today! The joy of the Lord is our strength, we learn in Nehemiah 8:10.

If you haven’t opened your heart to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, or you want to rededicate your heart to the Lord, Almighty God Who loves you so much, tell Him! He will not turn you away. If you so desire, I would be most honored to lead you in a prayer accepting Jesus as Lord & Savior. Make it a fresh new day today! Wipe away your tears, erase negative data, and begin anew. You can be all that you are called to be. If you have accepted the Lord Jesus before, and you say the following, consider this a rededication.

If you desire, please join me. Pray, this out loud……………

Dear Father God, I know I have sinned, please forgive me. I repent of everything I have ever done, said, or thought wrong. I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son, and He died for my sins on the cross, and went to hell for me, paying the penalty for all I have done wrong. I believe that Jesus Christ rose again from the dead after three days in hell and Jesus is now seated at your right hand in heaven. Jesus, I invite You to live in my heart as my Lord and Savior forever. As You are forgiving me, I also by faith in Your ability to help me, do forgive everyone who ever will or has done, said, or thought anything wrong against me. Thank You Lord. With your help, I will live my life for You forever. Make me the person you want me to be. Help me to walk closely with you, in peace, health, and joy forever! Amen

Friend, if you prayed this prayer this prayer and meant it, please let me know. I want to pray for you to grow stronger every day. Find a Bible and read the Bible. I pray that it comes alive for you. By reading the Bible, with a heart open to Jesus, you will grow stronger, healthier, and more peaceful every day. God will speak to you through His Word, the Bible. He will help you in every situation. Start with the book of John in the New Testament. Encourage yourself daily in Psalms. Find a Bible-believing church to encourage you. If you prayed this prayer, or want my ministry team to include your name or situation in our prayers, you may email us at afreshnewdaywithanita@gmail.com

Onward and upward. May God bless you and make His face to shine upon you. Let’s rejoice in this day that God made. Make it a fresh new day in God!

Anita Wardlaw © 2012

Remember to check out my TV show, A Fresh New Day at http://www.northmetrotv.com/ channel 14, producer/host Anita Wardlaw

No comments:

Post a Comment